Here's what you need to know:
- Weight loss is NOT easy
- Exercise IS hard
- Making healthy food choices is NOT fun
- Results DON'T happen overnight
- Your patience WILL be tried
- Commitment IS required
- Talking about it WON'T make it happen
- Reading about it DOESN'T make it so
- There is NO magic solution
So this is the hard part...it's time to put your money where your mouth is...HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT? Whatever your "it" is...how bad do you REALLY want it???? This "IT" that I want to talk about is your health...your fitness level...your weight. See, nothing in life just happens...where you are today in your life is a direct result of choices that you've made. I know, I know, this can be hard to hear...and even harder to embrace. But the moment that you acknowledge that you are where you are because of YOU...then that's the exact moment that you can take ownership of making new choices, based on a new future...the one that you want.
Let's talk about the ramifications of poor health choices:
- A staggering 2/3's of the adult population of the U.S. is overweight or obese
- Obesity is not just cosmetic...it's a health hazard.
- Overweight persons are TWICE as likely to die prematurely, than a normal weight person
- Poor health costs $576 TRILLION annually
Let's look at the myriad of diseases that are directly related to obesity and being overweight:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- High LDL Cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Sleep Apnea
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome
- Reproductive Problems
The most heart breaking part of this is, that it is, for the most part, preventable. I think that in order to prevent it though, you must grasp two things in your head: (1) you must be sufficiently disturbed enough to understand that you MUST make changes if you want to be around to see your children and grand-children grow up, and (2) you need to really understand that YOU CAN DO THIS!
I believe in you, and believe that you can do whatever you put your mind to. I'm here to help...to motivate...to encourage. Be well! Be blessed! Be fit!