It will take me about 30 minutes to write this blog, proof it, and post it on all my social media sites…during that time, approximately 60 people WILL DIE FROM A HEART ATTACK!!! I don't know about you, but to me, this statistic is absolutely mind-blowing!!!
Here are some other statistics that may surprise you:
- 1 person in 4, or approximately 600,000 people will die EACH YEAR from a heart attack…just in the Unites States
- Women are 50% more likely to die from their first heart attack than men (our symptoms are different, and we don't often recognize them)
- 64% of people who have their first heart attack…will die from that first heart attack (the only symptom…is death)
- 2/3's of the adult population in the Unites States is considered overweight or obese (overweight = a BMI of 25 - 29.9, obese = a BMI of above 30. To find yours, CLICK HERE)
- Obesity is quickly becoming the #1 PREVENTABLE KILLER (outpacing cigarette smoking)
- Metabolic Syndrome (having elevated blood pressure, elevated blood cholesterol, elevated blood sugar, and excess abdominal fat) more than DOUBLES your risk of developing Heart Disease and/or Type 2 Diabetes
- Sedentary behavior is attributed to a 147% increase in Heart Disease
BUT THERE IS GOOD NEWS!!!!
Even a modest decrease in weight (via healthy dietary changes, and an increase in activity) of just 5-10% can produce SIGNIFICANT health benefits (lowering blood pressure, lowering blood sugar levels, lowering blood cholesterol levels, lowering body fat, and ultimately lowering your risk of Heart Disease) So, for a 200 lb person, 5-10% is ONLY 10-20 lbs, but can have SIGNIFICANT health benefits!!! Why wouldn't you want to improve your chances of living a long, healthy life??? Don't become a statistic…this is serious stuff!!!
A FEW SUGGESTIONS SO YOU DON'T BECOME A STATISTIC:
- Reduce your weight through diet and exercise
- you need a MINIMUM of 150 minutes per week of some type of cardio activity…just to keep your heart healthy. If you want to lose weight, you'll need to up that number)
- Quit smoking
- Increase your water consumption
- (8) 8 oz glasses of water per day (no...not soda, not coffee, not tea…WATER)
- Eat your fruits and vegetables
- you need a MINIMUM o f 5 -7 servings per day
- sneak them in at EVERY meal
- Increase you intake of LEAN proteins
- chicken, fish, beans, tofu, eggs, and some dark green vegi's
- Eat "clean"
- Minimally processed foods
- Fruits and Vegetables
- NO FAST FOODS
- NO SODAS
- NO FRIED/FATTENING FOODS
- LIMITING SUGAR INTAKE
SOMETIMES YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP:
I always say, you wouldn't try to build a skyscraper or a suspension bridge without an architect or an engineer…you wouldn't try to fly an airplane without a pilot…you wouldn't try to perform brain or heart surgery without surgeon…WHAT MAKES LOOSING WEIGHT ANY DIFFERENT??? Almost every single person has tried to lose weight in the past…few with good results…most end up feeling frustrated and give up. Why? BECAUSE SOMETIMES YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP…period.
If you belong to a gym or health club, most often, they will offer a couple of free sessions with a personal trainer. Take advantage of them! Find a QUALIFIED, CERTIFIED, LICENSED, INSURED Personal Trainer in your area, and sign up for a couple of sessions with them. Trust me when I tell you this…YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR MOST PRECIOUS ASSET, AND YOU CAN AFFORD IT!
If you don't have anyone in your area, take a look at my Online Personal Trainer. I train clients all over the Unites States. This is a great program, and for $79/month, you can give up your monthly fast food habit, and afford it! Each workout is CUSTOMIZED to your fitness level…they are PROGRESSIVE workouts, so you don't plateau…I provide 2 Skype Coaching Calls each month to discuss problems/issues/challenges/successes. This program is available on your laptop, your iPad, or your smart phone (via an app download). Check out my FREE 2 week trial at: www.fitinyourpants.com What do you have to lose??? ..except the weight!!! GET YOUR SEXY BACK!!!