Get Healthy

Monday, December 3, 2012

The Journey



Since this is my first blog, I thought it best to share with you some insight as to where I’ve come from, where I am now, and where I am going.  If I’m going to invite you to go on a journey with me, I feel it’s important for you to understand all of this…this will hopefully give you the “buy in” needed to join me on this journey.

Many of you don’t know where I’ve come from, and if I weren’t telling the story, you wouldn’t believe it…or recognize who I was.  This was me…yes, the very chubby girl to the right was me.  I was 208 lbs. at my heaviest, and a size 18.  Growing up in TN, this is what most women looked like…it was acceptable.  No one ever taught me about exercise and eating right, and it wasn’t until I moved to FL that I realized that I needed to consider learning how to exercise and eat healthy.  Sadly, my beautiful little girl was also very overweight and, as a mother, I realized that it was my responsibility to “set the tone” for the health and nutrition of my family.

Thankfully, this story has a happy ending…I started on a fitness journey, lost 80 lbs., and got down to a size 6/8.  I share this with you to lend credibility to what I am doing with my life today.  I am not where I want to be (I gained 20 lbs. back), but I am on a journey towards being the fittest, healthiest “ME” that I can be.  I’ve discovered that weight loss over 40 is a bit harder…but NOT impossible!  So friends, allow me to be a daily reminder to you that YOU too can do it…whatever your “IT” is.  I want to inspire and motivate you along the journey, and I’m sure you will also be an inspiration and motivation to me. 

I’ve created Fit In Your Pants as a way to reach others who also want to “Fit in their pants”, while being “Fit” in their pants.   It’s not about a specific weight…it’s about feeling good about yourself in whatever size pants that you want to be in…it’s about regaining and maintaining your “swagger” for life…it’s about feeling healthy and strong…it’s about being the very best YOU that you can be today.  Join me on the journey towards fitness and health…we’ll take it one day at a time…one step at a time…one good, healthy decision at a time, and we WILL reach the goal that we desire…together!

No comments:

Post a Comment